Somalia: Government Releases Names of Six Men Involving in October 14 Mogadishu Truck Bomb

0
Wednesday November 15, 2017 - 10:03:54 in Latest News by SomaliUpdate Staff Reporter
  • Visits: 261
  • (Current Rating 0.0/5 Stars) Total Votes: 0
  • 0 0
  • Share via Social Media

    Somalia: Government Releases Names of Six Men Involving in October 14 Mogadishu Truck Bomb

    MOGADISHU (Somali Update Online) — Somali government on Tuesday published names of six men who officials said were those involved in the October 14 truck bombing which killed over 350 people and wounded more than 600 others mid last month.

    Share on Twitter Share on facebook Share on Digg Share on Stumbleupon Share on Delicious Share on Google Plus

Somali government published names of six men who officials said were those involved in the October 14 truck bombing.
MOGADISHU (Somali Update Online) — Somali government on Tuesday published names of six men who officials said were those involved in the October 14 truck bombing which killed over 350 people and wounded more than 600 others mid last month.
Speaking to state owned TV station (SNTV), the country's security minister, Mohamed Abukar Islow said Osman Hajji aka Maadey was identified as the suicide bomber who drove the truck bomb. 
The minister did not indicate the reports about the suicide bomber being former member of the security forces.
Somali intelligence agency arrested other five men in connection with the country's deadliest bombing by the militants, according to the minister.
"The government arrested five suspects for October 14 attack. So far, we have them in custody. They are: Hassan Adan Isack, the driver of the second suicide car bomber; Ali Yussuf Wa'ays Aka Duaale, another would be suicide bomber; Abdiweli Ahmed Diriye, the group's head of explosive experts in Mogadishu; Muktar Mohamed also known as Gardhuub, a militant leader and Abdullahi Abdi Warsame,” said Islow.
TRUCK OWNER NOT ARRESTED YET
One month after the bombing, the minister noted that the security forces were still looking for the owner of the truck bomb whose name has not been made public.
"Apart from those in custody, our forces are hunting down the owner of the truck who is on run.” the Minister explained.
Meanwhile state TV on Tuesday released CCTV footage showing the truck bomb hitting other vehicles on its way to Zoobe junction minutes before the blast, killing more than 350 and destroying nearby hotels, restaurants, shops, NGOs and government installations.
By Ahmed Mohamed Adan
SOMALI UPDATE ONLINE



Leave a comment

  Tip

  Tip

  Tip

  Tip

  Tip