AUS VS IND : The much-awaited Australia vs India or the Border-Gavaskar Test trophy gets underway with both the sides going head to head in the first Test of the four-match series at Adelaide from December 06. The three matches T20I series was shared between both the sides by 1-1, after the second T20I ended in a no result due to rain. Both the sides have shifted their focus to the longest format of the game and are looking all set to take the fields in the first test.
With D Warner and S Smith still facing the heat of ball-tampering scandal, Australia looks a bit feeble against the number 1 team in ICC test rankings. Since the ball-tampering row, Australia has played two test matches against Pakistan in UAE resulting in a draw and 373 runs defeat. However, it won’t be an icing on the cake for Men In Blue to face Kangaroos in their home conditions. India will have to show strong characters to register their maiden test series win in Australian soil.
AUS VS IND TEAM NEWS
- Opening batsman Aaron Finch suffered an injury during a practice session in Adelaide but resumed batting soon.
- Finch is expected to feature in the opening test.
- India will miss the services of Prithvi Shaw in Adelaide test as the opening batsmen is ruled out with an ankle injury
- India have announced a 12-man squad prior to the game.
- One out of Rohit Sharma and Hanuma Vihari will get to play
- The hosts have named the playing11 ahead of the first test. M Harris is set to make his debut
- Mitchell Marsh misses out
AUS VS IND PLAYING 11
AUS Playing 11:
Wicket-keeper – Tim Paine (c)
Batsmen –Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Usman Khwaja, M Harris, Shaun Marsh
All-rounder –Nathon Lyon, Travis Head
Bowlers –Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc
IND Playing 11:
Wicket-keeper – Rishabh Pant
Batsmen – Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari/Rohit Sharma
All-rounder – R Ashwin
Bowlers – M Shami, J Bumrah, Ishant Sharma