Aus vs ENG: The hosts pulled-off a miraculous win in the last Test at Headingley in Leeds to stay alive in the series. Ben Stokes heroics accompanied by some faulty umpiring from Joel Wilson helped England clinch a nail-biter with one wicket to spare.
Australia is definitely not a team which backs down, they will come-up even stronger in this game to avenge their defeat. The team management has announced a 12-man squad for this game with Mitchell Starc getting a place, whereas, Usman Khawaja getting axed.
Australia vs England Team News
England Team News
- The hosts have received a major injury blow in the form of James Anderson who has been ruled out of the remainder of the series after failing to recover from a calf injury.
- Somerset pacer Craig Overton has been named as his replacement in the 13-man squad. He has replaced Chris Woakes in the English eleven for this game.
- After failing at the opening spot, Jason Roy will bat at no 4 for England in this game, whereas, Joe Denly is set to open the innings along with Rory Burns.
- Sam Curran and Chris Woakes will be benched for this encounter as England have announced their eleven for this game.
Australia Team News
- The team management has named a 12-man squad for this Test.
- No place for the likes of Usman Khawaja and Cameron Bancroft in the squad. Bancroft was dropped in the last game and his place in the eleven was acquired by Marcus Harris.
- Usman Khawaja who has failed breach the 40-run mark in his last 6 innings has been dropped for poor form.
- Steven Smith is also back in the squad returning from injury and will be replacing Usman Khawaja in the eleven.
- Seamer James Pattinson has also been rested which has given way to lanky left-arm pacer Mitchell Starc.
Australia vs England Playing 11
England Playing 11
Rory Burns, Joe Denly, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Craig Overton.
Australia Playing 11 (Expected)
David Warner, Marcus Harris, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head, Tim Paine, Matthew Wade, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle
Australia vs England Squad
Joe Root (c), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Craig Overton, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Chris Woakes
Tim Paine (c), Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins, Steven Smith, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Travis Head, Peter Siddle, Marnus Labuschagne