BAN vs ZIM: After a mammoth 169 run victory in the first ODI, Bangladesh will be looking to seal the three-match ODI series at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium. It eas Liton Das’ man of the match performance of 126 from 105 deliveries which assisted Bangladesh to get to a total of 321. While two wickets apiece by Mashrafe Mortaza and Mehidy Hasan followed by three wickets by Mohammad Saifuddin restricted Zimbabwe to 152 under 40 overs.
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Team News
- The host nation is likely to go with the same eleven that featured in the first ODI.
- Liton Das and Tamim Iqbal are the regular batting openers, while, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah would follow.
- Mohammad Mithun and Mohammad Saifuddin will be in charge of the late onslaught with the bat.
- Mustafizur Rahman, Mashrafe Mortaza and Mohammad Saifuddin would be in charge of the pace bowling department, while Taijul Islam and Mehidy Hasan would be the ideal spinners in the team.
- There is a possibility that Sean Williams gets the nod ahead after missing out the last game. Craig Ervine is also a prominent option who can make an impact with the bat.
- The veteran Brendan Taylor should continue to bat at the top order, while Wesley Madhevere and Sikandar Raza could follow.
- Carl Mumba, Wesley Madehevere, Christopher Mpofu and Raza will have the onus of picking up the wickets for their side.
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe playing11
BAN Playing 11
Tamim Iqbal, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taijul Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Mustafizur Rahman
ZIM Playing 11
Chamu Chibhabha (c), Craig Erwine, Brendan Taylor, Sikandar Raza, Sean Williams, Richmond Mutumbami (wk), Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Donald Tiripano, Wesley Madhevere, Chris Mpofu, Carl Mumba
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Squad