BAN vs ZIM: Bangladesh will be hosting Afghanistan and Zimbabwe for a T20 Tri-series which kick-starts from 13th September at the Shere Bangla Stadium in Dhaka. The first match of the series will be played between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
As far as Zimbabwe are concerned, they are coming out of a suspension which was imposed on them in July and this will be their first assignment after the halt. However, they are full-on confidence after registering a victory in the practice game against Bangladesh Cricket Board XI by 7 wickets courtesy a valiant batting effort from Brendan Taylor and Maruma who got scores of unbeaten 57 and 46 respectively.
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Team News
- Bangladesh have made six changes to their squad for the tri-series.
- Mehidy Hasan, Rubel Hossain and Mohammad Mithun have been left out of the squad.
- Tamim Iqbal is still on a break from the game and won’t feature in this series.
- Yeasin Arafat, Taijul Islam have received their maiden T20I call-ups, while Mahedi Hasan, Afif Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, and Sabbir Rehman were brought back into the squad.
- With Tamim Iqbal not in the mix, Litton Das and Soumya Sarkar will open the innings for Bangladesh.
- Mustafizur Rahman and Mohammad Saifuddin will be the strike bowlers for the home side, whereas, Taijul Islam and Shakib-al-Hasan will manage the spin work-load.
- Zimbabwe have named a 15-man squad for this series.
- They have left out Sikandar Raza from their squad over disciplinary issues.
- The management has included two uncapped players in spinner Ainsley Ndlovu and all-rounder Tony Munyonga.
- Skipper Hamilton Masakadza and Brendan Taylor will be opening the innings for Zimbabwe as they did in the practice game.
- Timycen Maruma who scored unbeaten 46 in the practice game is the perfect replacement for Sikandar Raza in the eleven.
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Playing11
Bangladesh Playing 11-
Mushfiqur Rahim, Liton Das, Mahmudullah, Soumya Sarkar, Afif Hossain, Shakib-al-Hasan, Mosaddek Hossain, Mahedi Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Mohd Saifuddin, Taijul Islam.
Zimbabwe Playing 11-
Brendan Taylor, Hamilton Masakadza, Craig Ervine, Sean Williams, Timycen Maruma, Ryan Burl, Neville Madziva, R Mutumbami, Kyle Jarvis, A Ndlovu, Tendai Chatara
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Squads
Shakib Al Hasan (c), Liton Das, Sabbir Rahman, Mahedi Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Mosaddek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Yeasin Arafat, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Taijul Islam, Afif Hossain.
Hamilton Masakadza (c), Timycen Maruma, Regis Chakabva, Richmond Mutumbami, Sean Williams, Tendai Chatara, Brendan Taylor, Neville Madziva, Christopher Mpofu, Ainsley Ndlovu, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Craig Ervine, Ryan Burl, Tony Munyonga, Kyle Jarvis.