BD-W vs PN-W: The opening day of the competition will witness 4 matches which will be played at different venues in Scotland. Bangladesh women will take on Papua New Guinea Women, Thailand women will battle against the Netherlands Women, hosts Scotland Women will take on USA Women followed by the final encounter of the day between Ireland Women and Namibia Women.
The 8 teams participating are dispersed into two groups namely A and B. Group A consists Bangladesh Women, Papua New Guinea Women, Scotland Women, and the United States Women, whereas, Group B comprises Ireland Women, Namibia Women, the Netherlands Women and Thailand Women.
Bangladesh Women vs Papua New Guinea Women Team News
Bangladesh Women Team News
- Bangladesh Women definitely have the upper hand in this contest.
- They defeated PNG Women in the ICC Women’s T20 Qualifier for the year 2018 by 8 wickets.
- They are currently ranked 9th in the ICC Women’s World T20 rankings.
Papua New Guinea Women Team News
- PNG secured a position here in this competition by topping the EAP Qualifier.
- They lasted over the likes of Samoa, Vanuatu, Indonesia, Japan, and Fiji to qualify for this tournament.
- Skipper Kaia Arua is confident of her side to do well.
Bangladesh Women vs Papua New Guinea Women Playing11
Bangladesh Women Playing 11-
Shamima Sultana, A Rahman, F Hoque, S Islam/Nigar Sultana, S Sharmin, M Khatun, R Moni, Nahida Akter, Tul Kubra, S Khatun, Jhanara Alam
Papua New Guinea Women Playing 11-
B Tau, T Ruma, K Oala, N Vare, V Frank, S Jimmy, K Arua, M Tom, R Oa, N Ambol, G Buruka
Bangladesh Women vs Papua New Guinea Women Squads
Salma Khatun (c), Murshida Khatun, Sanjida Islam, Ayasha Rahman, Nigar Sultana, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana (wk), Fahima Khatun, Nahida Akter, Fargana Haque, Sobhana Mostary, Ritu Moni, Khadija Tul Kubra, Shaila Sharmin
Kaia Arua (c), Sibona Jimmy, Ravini Oa, Mairi Tom, Tanya Ruma, Brenda Tau, Konio Oala, Isabel Toua, Naoani Vare, Vicky Ara’a, Nerela Ila, Natasha Ambo, Gari Buruka, Veru Kila Frank