IND vs BEL: The hosts India will next take on the World Champions Belgium in their next encounter of FIH Pro League which will be played at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneshwar. So far, it has been a good start for the debutants India who thrashed the Netherlands in the first meeting by 5-3. They then went onto defeat the same opponent in the second round in a penalty shootout by 3-1.
They currently stand at the fifth spot on the points table. Meanwhile, the World Champions Belgium are the table leaders with 3 wins and a shootout bonus against their name from 4 matches. With the form they are currently in a defeat definitely looks far away from them.
India vs Belgium Team News
- Mandeep Singh, Lalit Upadhyay and Gujant Singh will be the forwards to start with.
- S Vittacharya could come in from the bench.
- Skipper Manpreet Singh and Kangujam Chinglensana will be the ones to start among the midfielders.
- Top scorer for India so far Rupinder Pal Singh will be the defender to start with.
- Be it the starting eleven or the substitutes, everyone has contributed so far for Belgium.
- Thomas Briels and Tom Boon will be the sure starters among the forwards. S Dockier can come in from the bench.
- Felix Denayer and N d Kerpel will be the midfielders to watch out, whereas, Arthur van Doren will be the defensive wall.
India vs Belgium squads
Thomas Briels (c), L Luypaert, Nicolas de Kerpel, John-John Dohmen, Felix Denayer, Victor Wegnez, Arthur van Doren, C Charlier, Tom Boon, T Cosynys, Vincent Vanasch, E Stockbroekx, A Kina, A Hendrickx, Simon Gougnard, A de Sloover, Florent van Aubel, L van Doren.
Manpreet Singh (c), Nilakanta Sharma, Gurjant Singh, Harmanpreet Singh, Krishan Pathak, Birendra Lakra, Gurinder Singh, Sunil Sowmparpet, Mandeep Singh, Vivek Prasad, Lalit Upadhyay, Rupinder Singh, Sreejesh Parattu, Akashdeep Singh, C Kangujam, Sumit, Surender Kumar, Amit Rohidas.