Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat: The 2nd Match of the Big Bash League 2020/21 will take place on 11th December. The Melbourne Stars will lock horns against Brisbane Heat in their first match of the league stage. STA were the runner-up in the last season and would be upbeat ahead of the match, where HEA came 7th in the points table and would look to turn the fortunes in favour of their side. The Stars have a good T20 talent like Maxwell and Stoinis. With Dunk and Pooran in the middle-order, they can stabilize the team and finish off well in the death overs. The player in form, Will Pucovski is set to be named in the Australian Test squad and might be unavailable. While Zampa and Coulter Nile are the main bowlers for the team and would look to start-off well in the tournament.
On the other side, the Brisbane Heat team has been a good batting side, but their performance faltered in the last season. Ahead of the season, Tom Banton withdrew from playing due to bio-bubble demands. Their two important batsmen, Burns and Labuschagne might be unavailable for a major part of the tournament due to international duty. The team would rely on the captain Lynn who has not been in a good form this year. In the middler-order, Cooper and Bryant have a good experience in the BBL and would like to use it to help the team in pressure situations. The team has talented bowlers like Wildermuth and Laughlin to contain the opposition batsmen.
Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat Dream11 Team NEWS
STA Team News
- After a good performance in the last season, the Stars will look to maintain the same form in this season with a different squad. The team will look forward to Maxwell’s red hot form from the series against India, where he played very well.
- Pooran, the star hitter, is only available for the first six games.
- Another Windies player, Fletcher will be available for most of the games, until the playoffs.
- Stoinis might open for the team in this season as well.
HEA Team News
- All on the hands of Lynn. After having a disastrous last season and having to let go a couple of star players for the heat, this will also be a tough season for them.
- Tom Banton and Ben Cutting are no longer a part of the Heat. ABD is missing out as well.
- The bowling department will have the hopes from Laughlin and Wildermuth to contain the opposition batsmen. It will be interesting to see which players fare well in the STA vs HEA Dream 11 prediction.
Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat Playing11
STA Playing 11
Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Ben Dunk, Seb Gotch(wk)
Andre Fletcher/ Nicholas Pooran, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa, Lance Morris/Dilbar Hussain, Billy Stanlake
HEA Playing 11
Chris Lynn, Max Bryant, Dan Lawrence, Tom Cooper, Sam Heazlett, Jimmy Peirson (wk)
Jack Wildermuth, Matthew Kuhnemann, Mark Steketee, Morne Morkel, Ben Laughlin