NOR vs CER : If the chastening 4-0 defeat at Old Trafford was an early reminder about the enormity of the task facing the new manager at Stamford Bridge, the last two games gauged into what we can expect from Frank Lampard’s team in the immediate future.
But time is a luxury, even Lampard, the Chelsea legend and the fan-favorite, can’t afford at SW6. If the results are not consistent, the approach to the game and the intent of the players can take Lampard only so far in his managerial career at this club, for a team of the magnitude of Chelsea, there are certain targets which have to be achieved. And failing to do so, falling behind in a specific time period, and you can be sure that Roman Abramovich won’t take long to take a harsh decision.
Norwich City vs Chelsea Team News :
Norwich City Team News:
- German center-back Christoph Zimmermann, along with Louis Thompson, Josip Drmic and Onel Hernandez will all be missing the game due to injuries.
- Zimmermann and Thompson are yet to feature this season, while Drmic and Hernandez suffered injuries only a week ago.
- Ibrahim Amadou, who arrived on loan from Sevilla, is still lacking match fitness and is expected to miss the game.
- Centre-back Timm Klose is a doubt and will be assessed before the game.
Chelsea FC Team News:
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek remains out for the Blues at the moment.
- Both Callum-Hudson Odoi and Antonio Rudiger returned to training this week after serious injuries. But the game may have come too soon for the duo to be in contention here.
Norwich City vs Chelsea Playing 11
Krul (GK), Jamal Lewis, Grant Hanley, Ben Godfrey, Max Aarons, Tom Trybull, Moritz Leitner, Emiliano Buendia, Marco Stiepermann, Todd Cantwell, Teemu Pukki
Kepa (GK), Emerson, Zouma, Christensen, Azpilicueta, N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Willian / Pedro, Olivier Giroud/Tammy Abraham