SEA vs WAS: Seattle Storm will lock horns against Washington Mystics in WNBA 2022 on Monday, 22 August 2022 at 01:30 AM IST
Seattle Storm and Washington Mystics Team Updates
- The WNBA Playoffs are in full swing and barring an upset by the Liberty which the Sky made up, the course has been smoother for the top three teams mostly.
- On the other hand, the fourth-fifth seed battle between the Seattle Storm and the Washington Mystics has certainly lived up to the billing. After taking Game 1, the Seattle Storm will take on the Washington Mystics to seal the deal.
- The first game between the two was as close as it gets but in the end, the determined Seattle Storm overcame the Washington Mystics 86:83 behind an inspirational 23 points effort by Breanna Stewart and Elena Della Donne’s 26 points effort couldn’t get it done for the Mystics. Will we see another thriller between the two?
- The first match-up between the Mystics and the Storm was basically a duel between Della-Donne and Stewart but of course, basketball is much more than a one-on-one affair.
- Della Donne found her mid-range game and was drilling tough shots after tough shots while Breanna found her touch in the second half, making threes off-the-dribble and off-the-ball, which wreaked havoc in the well-balanced Mystics defense.
- The Mystics shot around 48% whereas the Storm shot over 50% which was due to great hustle on the offensive end and some great passing by Gabby Williams who was perhaps the most active player during the night.
- The Storm made three more triples because apart from Atkins, the Mystics couldn’t find a hot shooting hand. The defense was electric but the offensive prowess of both the teams showed the way.
- The Mystics can have a big chance again if Elena pops up for a big night but they will need to find a way to curb the opposition’s hustle.