STL vs ARS : Arsenal will target their 2nd consecutive win under interim manager Freddie Ljungberg when they face Standard Liege in Europa League, Thursday night. The Belgian side must beat Arsenal by five clear goals to qualify from the group, or hope Vitoria SC beat Eintracht Frankfurt in the other game. The Gunners, meanwhile, need a point from this game to qualify for the round of 32.
Standard Liege vs Arsenal team news:
Standard Liege team news:
- The home team will be evaluating striker Orlando Sa before the game. The 31-year-old is recovering from a calf problem and is a doubt for the game.
- In terms of existing absentees, 25-year-old winger Anthony Limbombe and 27-year-old centre-back Noë Dussenne are both out of the match due to knee and knee ligament injury respectively.
- Head coach Michel Preud’homme will have both Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez and Paul-Jose M’Poku at his disposal, despite the duo getting sent off at the weekend in the domestic league. Mergim Vojvoda, Konstantinos Laifis, and M’Poku are one booking away from a one-match ban.
Arsenal team news:
- Arsenal’s lengthy injury elongated further after Kieran Tierney, Nicolas Pepe and Granit Xhaka all picked up injuries against West Ham on Monday. The trio joins midfielder Dani Ceballos and centre-back Rob Holding on the sideline.
- In addition, centre-back Shkodran Mustafi will be serving a one-game ban for his yellow card in the last round against Eintracht Frankfurt
Host: Standard Liege
Match Venue: Stade Maurice Dufrasne, in Liege, Belgium
Match Timing: Thursday, December 12, @11:25 PM
Standard Liege vs Arsenal predicted playing11:
Standard Liege: Bodart (GK), Vanheusden, Vojvoda, Bastien, Laifis, Gavory, M’Poku, Ammalah, Emond, Boljevic, Carcela-Gonzalez
Arsenal: Martinez (GK), Chambers, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac; Guendouzi, Torreira, Saka, Willock, Nelson, Aubameyang