VAN vs QAT: On the final day of CWC Challenge League 2019, two matches are set to take place. In the 14th match, Vanuatu will be colliding against Qatar, whereas, Canada and Singapore will collide in match no 15.
Both Qatar and Vanuatu are out of the contention to finish at the top which means this game is a dead-rubber and both teams will be out to play for pride. Qatar are placed 4th with 2 wins and 2 loss from 4 matches, whereas Vanuatu with only a solitary win to their name from 4 matches are languishing at the bottom of the points table.
Vanuatu vs Qatar Team News
- For Qatar, wicket-keeper batsman M Rizlan was a notable absentee in the last game. He was replaced by Qalandar Khan who took the keeping gloves as well,
- Apart from 68 against Canada, opener Kamran Khan has managed 82 runs from 4 matches in this series. His place might be in jeopardy as S Tameem is waiting on the sidelines to get a go.
- Their won’t be any changes in the bowling department for Qatar.
- Vanuatu finally registered a win against their name in this competition when they defeated Malaysia by 13 runs.
- Once again it was their bowling which helped them steal the show as they defended a paltry total of 65 runs.
- J Vira’s regular failure might open the doors for someone else in the batting unit.
Vanuatu vs Qatar Squads
Iqbal Hussain Chaudhry (c), Mohamed Awais Malik, Syed Tameem, Qalandar Khan, Saqlain Arshad, Gayan Budhika, Zaheeruddeen Ibrahim, Musawar Shah, Khurram Shahzad, Mohamed Rizlan, Kamran Khan, Owais Ahmad, Mohamed Nadeem, Dharmang Patel.
Andrew Mansale (C), Clement Tommy, Patrick Matautaava, Jamal Vira, Sampson Kalworai, Junior Kaltapau, Jelany Chilia, Apo Stephen, Nalin Nipiko, Kalo Shem, Williamsing Nalisa, Josh Rasu, Wesly Viraliliu, Ronald Tari, Shane Deitz, Simpson Obed, Trevor Langa, Callum Blake