WI-W vs AU-W: After a disappointing show in the ODI series, Windies Women will now look to up the ante when they face the Australian Women in a 3-match T20I series which starts from September 14th at Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados.
The Australian women are ranked first in T20I rankings with 284 rating points, whereas, the West Indies women are placed on the fourth position with 261 rating points against their name.
West Indies Women vs Australia Women Team News
- The Australian women have made no changes in the squad which featured in the ODI series.
- They last played a T20I series in July against England women and won the 3-match series 2-1.
- Alyssa Healy and Beth Mooney will open the innings as they did in the ODIs. Meg Lanning will bat at no 3 followed by Rachel Haynes and Ellyse Perry.
- Erin Burns is expected to sit out as she did in the final ODI when skipper Meg Lanning came into the eleven.
- Megan Schutt will keep a check in the bowling line-up along with the likes of Georgia Wareham and Tayla Vlamenick.
West Indies Women
- All-rounder Heather Knight is still not available for the series.
- Injury has led Kycia Knight to sit out of the T20Is as well. Britney Cooper who was named as her replacement in the ODI series will fill in her boots in this series as well.
- Britney Cooper and wicket-keeper batter R Boyce are expected to open the innings for the hosts.
- Stafanie Taylor and Natasha McLean will hold the middle order altogether.
West Indies Women vs Australia Women Squads
Stafanie Taylor (c), Kyshona Knight, Shamilia Connell, Stacy Ann King, Chinelle Henry, Anisa Mohammed, Reniece Boyce, Karishma Ramharack, Natasha McLean, Britney Cooper, Shabika Gajnabi, S Grimmond, Afy Fletcher.
Meg Lanning (c), Rachael Haynes, Georgia Wareham, Delissa Kimmince, Ashleigh Gardner, Megan Schutt, Ellyse Perry, Erin Burns, Beth Mooney, Nicola Carey, Heather Graham, Tayla Vlaeminck, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen.