Kratom is a tropical evergreen tree-like plant originating in Southeast Asia. It belongs to the family of plants similar to gardenias and coffee. The herb has been used for pain relief and healthy healing for years. Additionally, it is used to boost energy and fight depression and anxiety. The herb is known to produce effects similar to morphine in humans. Martial arts fighters and athletes consume kratom in various forms to deal with soreness and body aches from rigorous training. In this article, we will discuss the dosage and the use of kratom for chronic pain management among fighters.
Know the Right Dose of Kratom
It’s crucial to calculate the kratom for pain dose suitable for you before experimenting with ways of consuming it. You must know the correct dose and your tolerance for kratom to consume the herb. The dose of kratom for pain relief depends on the strain you select. The factors governing the calculation of the dosage of kratom include
- Strength of the kratom form you choose
- Level of tolerance for kratom
- Your body type and weight
- Your overall health, and
- Your psychological state
Make sure to take all these factors into account while assessing your effective kratom for pain dose. It may take a while to figure out the correct dosage, which is alright. In general, the minimum margin for most of the kratom strains is one gram. Therefore, it is always good to stick to smaller amounts of kratom for beginners.
What is the kratom dosage for pain relief?
You can consume kratom in low and high dosages. In low dosage, kratom shares the same effect that of coffee. Some of the effects of the herb in low dosages are:
- Increased libido
- Increased Sociability
- Mental clarity
- Peace of mind
- Decreased appetite
- Energy boost
The low dosage is generally up to 5 grams of kratom powder.
In higher dosages, kratom acts as a potent analgesic and sedative. Effects of kratom in high dosages are:
- Alleviation of discomfort
- Deep Relaxation
- Relief from Opioid withdrawal symptoms
Mostly, you can use this dose of kratom for chronic pain management. Usually, the standard dose of the herb is 5 to 10 grams for managing pain.
How does kratom help Fighters deal with pain?
Martial arts fighters can’t always make it through the rigors of hard training camps without injury, aches, and pains. Although taking kratom before a fight is not recommended, fighters can utilize its pain-relieving benefits during training camp.
It is highly effective in dealing with body pain and soreness due to grueling training sessions. Athletes, too, use kratom to boost energy and relieve pain before workouts. Here is how kratom helps reduce pain in the body:
- Kratom consists of two main alkaloids, namely, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. These alkaloids bind to the opiate receptors in the human body’s nervous system, thereby relieving pain.
- Kratom, in general, increases the level of pain-relieving hormones inside your body.
- Enkephalins and endorphins are the hormones that help relieve you of chronic pain. They don’t let the pain signals travel to your brain.
Pain-relieving Strains of Kratom
To help deal with post-fight effects, kratom comes in different varieties. These are some of the best kratom for severe pain.
- Maeng Da Strain: it is the most popular choice of kratom for pain relief strain. Maeng Da strain is found in green, red, and white varieties, all of which are potent analgesics. However, the red vein variety is the strongest and best kratom for severe pain. People with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, and chronic pain can take it in low dosage to relieve pain.
- Red Bali Kratom: The Red Bali kratom for pain relief strain is perfect for moderate analgesic effects. Most red vein varieties are potent sedatives rather than stimulants, making their effects undesirable for use during the daytime. However, the Red Bali strain is stimulating in nature. Therefore, it can be used during the day when you’re engaged in your daily chores. 2 to 6 grams of the Red Bali strain is enough to deal with chronic pain.
Additional benefits of Kratom for Fighters
Fighters usually consume the herb for its pain-relieving abilities. However, there are numerous other advantages of taking kratom, including:
- Relaxation of muscles
- Boosts immunity
- Enhances the energy levels of the body
- Improves cognitive abilities and focus
- Enhances the sense of awareness
- Increases motivation.
Is kratom safer than prescription pain medicines?
According to various researches, kratom is safer than prescription pain medicines. Here is why kratom is chosen over prescription opiates by numerous fighters and athletes.
Difficult to overdose: unlike prescription opiates, it is very difficult to overdose on kratom. It is because this herb is ingested orally. Consuming a large amount of the herb can make you feel extremely nauseous and dizzy. You may also start to throw up even before it reaches toxic levels. On the other hand, you can keep taking pharmaceuticals without feeling a tad bit nauseous. So, it is usually easier to overdose on prescription opiates than kratom.
Mechanism of action: Kratom is known to activate several receptors in your body. It blocks pain signals by targeting the opioid receptors. Additionally, it also targets GABA, glutamate, dopamine, serotonin, and adrenergic receptors. Kratom thereby offers a much wider range of benefits than prescription opiates. The herb spreads its effects over different systems in the body, some of which are believed to reduce overdose risks.
Moreover, several theories suggest that kratom alkaloids can bind with the kappa opioid receptors of the central nervous system. Most prescription painkillers are known to be mu-opioid receptor specifics. Activation of the kappa receptor might explain the reduced addiction potential and dysphoria from kratom than other medicines.
Kratom has a long history of use in therapeutic medicines. However, it has recently become the go-to herb in managing anxiety and pain. The herb is highly beneficial for martial arts fighters and even athletes in relieving training-related pain. To consume the herb, you must know the correct dose and your tolerance for kratom. There are several strains of kratom that help reduce chronic pain and soreness in the proper dosage.